Saturday, June 26, 2010

Well, maybe we won't have fish anymore anyway.

Maybe I should stay off Google Search. THIS is truly evil and horrifying. My co-worker purchased some sushi from a grocery store, and in the plastic container with the sushi was a little packet of ginger. No, not a mound of ginger, but a tiny little packet of ginger, sealed in a little plastic pouch. Amusingly, the ginger in the packet wasn't even very good-tasting. I found this bit of plastic completely unnecessary, so I searched for it to share here. What I found was much much worse!

"Using our latest concept individually wrapped sushi is beautiful and distinguishable. Our new system features patented sealing for easy opening and prevention of fish discolouration, A first in the sushi world!" Yes, this is the sales pitch for a sushi-wrapping system. Let's look at it, shall we?


EACH PIECE is so fresh!


You don't have to TOUCH the sushi!!!  I mean, after all, that would be just GROSS!


Look! Miles and miles of plastic---er, I mean sushi! And what doesn't sell is SO easy to throw away!

Where to begin. Look, if you can't TOUCH your sushi, you really have no business eating it. Period. I'm kind of blown away by the thought of the unsold sushi. Is someone unwrapping it by hand so it can be disposed of "properly"? I hardly think so. Nope, now they get to go back to the ocean from whence they came, floating forever in little packs. Well, at least until they get eaten by a fish who dies from the plastic. And I'm stuck in center-align and can't get out, so I'll wrap this up quickly. Heh heh, get it? Wrap up?

Yeah, I know. It's not that funny to me either.





7 comments:

  1. Actually, I've been guilty of buing something similar to this. The huge asian grocery store near me sells those amazingly delicious rice balls with a little fish or something tucked in and then they're wrapped in nori. They have them premade and packaged with a similar set up of plastic film so that the nori doesn't get soggy from the rice before you are ready to eat it. It really is convenient and delicious (and healthful with the fish and the seaweed) - but you're right... it's bad, bad bad. Sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, none of us are perfect. But what we learn and do differently... that's the point! I've definitely given up some things I used to love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oh my! Heaven forbid anyone get sushi on their fingers! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm STILL horrified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in Hell! Okay, in Hell, they eat individually plastic-wrapped pieces of sushi with their individual plastic bottles of wine in their individual plastic wine glasses, and then they sober up with a plastic glass of water filled with individually-packaged ice cubes. For real. Oh, and they're all wearing Silly Bandz just to drive you crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's totally unnecessary! Why does everything have SO MUCH PACKAGING!!??
    Luckily, I've not seen this...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Oh to add, the google search pictures make it all lovely .

    ReplyDelete