Friday, June 25, 2010

Sometimes I Cheat...

...but not really!

Today, instead of my usual no-shampoo baking soda method, followed by my lovely apple cider vinegar, I used shampoo. Yes, I confess. Of course, in my defense, it was shampoo I already had. Sometimes the greenest product is the one you have.

I have a bunch of little bottles from hotels and such. Now, should I just throw them all out? Absolutely not! What would that accomplish? If we already have it, we may as well use it. Sometimes, you can give it away so someone else can make use of it. But, it's here, it should be used. And using it keeps a new product from needing to be produced. We hope.

So anyway, I used some wonderful Cedar Wood and Spanish Borage Oil shampoo that is no longer made, which is why I have valued every little bottle I still had from before. My hair feels great and the rich lather was a unique treat... but wow. I have short hair, as you know, so it's not in my face, but after using no-smell stuff for so long, ALL I can SMELL is my HAIR!!!! Luckily, it's a very yummy smell.

The lesson here? Well, 1) use what you have. Emptying bottles down the drain to use something greener, isn't always green. Use it or give it away. 2) Be warned: when you get used to less smells, those ones you never noticed before are going to get you in a big way!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes the greenest product is the one you have. -- Love that! So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that shampoo too! Wyndham used to have it as their staple and it was made by Golden Door Skin Care whom discontinued it. Said they had not enough DEMAMD for it and I've read other people like us that absolutely loved what it did for our hair and the heavenly smell!!! OMG - and they replaced it with two they sent me samples for that weighed down my hair and it was VERY ho hum in the fragrance dept. Anyway, know you commented this eons ago but I still think about that shampoo and figured to share, I know what you say! Try Cali Cosmetics Tarocco line of blood orange shampoos/conditioners, it's the ONLY one that's even come close to doing a great job on my hear like the C&SBO shampoo did, and it does smell just like the deepest blood orange. Very nice...

    ReplyDelete