Friday, May 14, 2010

Let's End Where We Began

Call me crazy, but I don't think we really need to buy chilled coffee drinks from our grocer's dairy section. It's just more plastic.

Europe has a grab-it-shake-it-drink-it product by Emmi. It's a chilled espresso drink made with quality ingredients, and it looks really tasty, but it comes in this useless plastic cup with a plastic lid! Maybe in Europe, they are better at recycling. Maybe they are better at not littering. I don't know. All I know is I don't really want these drinks to catch on. Again, they look wonderfully delicious, but I know us here. We don't need it, we really don't. In this disposable society of ours, it's just another drink-it-don't-think-it product. (wow, I'm having fun with dashes today!) We already have pudding and Jell-O in super little plastic cups, because they are CONVENIENT and we cannot be bothered to make it the OLD way (that might take, oh, 1/2 an hour!!!! Holy crap, who has that kind of time????), so I think adding another plastic throw-away to the yogurt/pudding/Jell-O/fruit cups isn't exactly what we need here.

So... briefly... I'll round out my week with another coffee kvetch. Stay away from this product, and maybe it will go away sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

  1. In the same attitude as this post, I have stopped buying iced coffee at McD's and iced Mocha Joe at BK. Nice tasty drinks.....not nice plastic waste. I stick to made-at-home coffee now.....of which I have a new found enthusiasm for due to a recent purchase of a 'Back to the Future' coffee mug with a flying DeLorean on it! $0.49 well spent at a thrift store! :) I heart coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I heart mugs! Especially wonderful thrift-store mugs! It comes down to this: can you do without? Yes? Than do so. I find my few cups at home in the morning are just fine. If anyone makes a regular coffee run, there's no reason to not have a refillable mug. Most places give a small discount when you do that, too.

    ReplyDelete