Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's My Own Addiction

Lip gloss. I like it. I like a little color on my lips. I've talked about it before; I still fight it.

But at least I can maintain control in some other areas. We can all do the same. I love the ease and look of a liquid eye liner, but I will not buy one because it only comes in plastic that I see. Does this make me feel better about the plastic tube of colored gloss I bought? No. Not really. OK, a little.

UGH! So much plastic stuff around! I really do understand that we just want to be able to live our lives like normal people and not have to think about so many things all the time! Maybe if we had chilled on some of the truly stupid stuff... like plastic forks and spoons IN the home, we could get away with a few things here and there. But I have an addiction to pretty lip colors and I try, I really do, but I slip up here and there. I don't have a lot of income right now and I miss shopping for even the basics, and a 99 cent boost of color is a real draw. I know this; I understand. I know what it's like. Truly. I do it too, see? I'm GUILTY.

We just have to do the best we cam. Yeah, I buckled, but I refused the other thing. Sometimes when there are things I want, and they are only in plastic, I refuse. Life goes on. I can use an eye liner pencil just fine. I can do without the ranch dressing. I can do without mayo. It's all fine, we can all cut back. Yes, we slip here and there, but it's OK. Life does go on. Just keep a chin up, and keep trying.

I slip, but I still carry on. It's OK to slip. Just... try anyway. Hell, I wouldn't be able to get up in the morning. Seriously. Just keep swimming...

...while we still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment