Monday, December 26, 2011

I Have Questions.

My mother tells me I was always crazy-inquisitive. I think my "why" phase is still happening. So, I have questions. They don't stop. I don't always have answers. I'm going to put a bunch of 'em down here, and work on answering them in the next few blogs. Maybe someone will answer a few for me. I tend to come up with the ones that don't *really* have answers. Not so much hypothetical, just... not so answerable.

Why don't we think ahead anymore? How'd that happen? Did we ever?

Why is it "whatever jobs, now, and damn the consequences" and not "better jobs that are better for the future"?

Why is there a new kind of mascara ever other day? Don't they all pretty much work the same? Does the mascara technology really advance that much?

Why do people use throw-away plates and utensils at home?

Why do we still use plastic when we know better?

What happened to these humans between 17-31-ish? How did they totally miss the boat on everything and why are they so clueless?

Why does anyone have more than 2 kids?

Why do people have more than 2 kids when they can't spend quality time with them or give them healthy stuff?

Why do we think chemicals smell clean?

Do vegans use sea sponges?

Why do some vegans oppose composting with worms?

What is up with vegan dental floss??

Why must omnivore restaurants offer vegan dishes but vegan places don't offer omnivore choices?

Why do pagan bookstore carry christian material but christian bookstores don't carry pagan material?

And mostly: Why do we completely ignore the evidence that is right in our face?

I guess the short answer to all these things is: It's just easier. Right? It's easier to just think of the now, easier to take the jobs that are handed over rather than demanding better ones with a healthy side of change, it's easier to throw things away and use plastic and clean with the cheap stuff that everyone else uses and well hell we just want kids and we'll figure it out later.

These and more keep my brain a-spinnin'. I'm going to be working on them for awhile. Feel free to chime in anytime.

6 comments:

  1. As to your question on the Pagan and Christian bookstores: Pagans are known for at least trying to be accepting of other religions. We know that there's not just one way to get to "God". Most Christians believe their religion is the only one true way to "God", and they also believe that Pagans are evil (shown several times in the bible), so they would rather die than allow Pagan books in their godly store. As to your other questions: I'm as lost as you are lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... guess I knew that one... LOL Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have another question. Why are vegans against eating honey because it kills bees, but they have no problems killing insects that fly around in their homes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. RE: vegan dental floss. Despite being the Appropriate Omnivore, I actually use vegan dental floss. I don't use it because it doesn't contain beeswax. I use it because it doesn't contain mineral wax and more importantly, it comes in paper packaging instead of plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, why do vegans eat organic food when the fertilizer comes from animals?

    ReplyDelete