Friday, August 26, 2011

Slacker.

I haven't blogged in awhile. I really, really want to. What happens when your every-day life, your strive to pay the bills, takes away from your desire to get the word out? To be green? To talk? To follow your passion?

Dunno. I guess... you change? We recently went back to my hometown in rural-ish Western PA, and I remembered what I really wanted life to be like. A big garden. Hands-on stuff. A fireplace. Crickets and cicadas at night. A slower life. Nature close at hand.

We are re-examining a lot of things right now. I'm still going to be way to stupid-busy with the petty stuff, and I hate that, and it chips away at me every day, but I'll try to hold on to the good stuff. Forcing myself to be HERE on this page more will help.

Welcoming comments below on how you deal with it, Readers.

Blessed Be.

4 comments:

  1. I agree I wish I could have a slower life. But with the everday things we all have to deal with it's almost impossible...Almost.. I find that taking my time to work in my little garden helps me step away and breath. Going for a walk, even just sitting for a bit and knitting or reading helps. My husband and I have both agreed to start going to the mountains or parks more and enjoying nature and teaching our kids about it too. It's hard to find the time but it's worth it in the end to have these moments of peace, and fulfillment. I hope you can find the time to blog more, I am on that quest too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Slacker" is one of my 15 year old son's favorite words, but I completely get what you're saying! For me, I find my brain is all over the place trying to fix this thing or that in "life", making it hard to "focus". Focusing on my spirituality is what I really NEED when things are tough(er), and of course it is more difficult to achieve amidst the chaos. Blessings to you! May be all find simpler ways to "connect" with what really matters when we are needing it most. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, in my (perhaps not so humble) opinion, trying to maintain the modern way of life is just not sustainable. I don't mean sustainable in an environmental sense, I mean it in a human sense. I don't think we are meant to live in a world where every second of the day is scheduled.

    My advice is to plot your exit, and a wonderful place to start is by reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/Your-Money-Life-Transforming-Relationship/dp/0143115766

    I am enough of a rebel that I never got into the rat race to the degree that most people do, but for all of my trying to avoid it, by the time I was in my thirties I still found myself swept up in its edges. Reading "Your Money or Your Life" really helped me, and I was able to "retire" 5 years ago at the age of 39. I put "retire" in quotes, because I still need to earn a bit of money, but I've found ways to do so without having a job, and my life is infinitely happier for it.

    Here's to crickets and cicadas. :)

    ReplyDelete