Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No Green, Merely an Observation

It's a long way to the 2012 elections....

I have never understood when people vote for a candidate because "He tawks lahk me, I kin unnerstand him." Meaning, that candidate is not too hi-faluten' and doesn't use big $10 words that go over their head. Never understood that. Personally, I WANT my elected officials to be more intelligent than me. I WANT them to know more than me and have more education than me. I want them to know what they are doing. I want them to have a stellar vocabulary so that they can hold intelligent discourse with other best'n'brightest leaders from around the world. I want them to understand when scientists give them reports. Don't we want the head of the class to represent us, not the class clown, the least likely to succeed? Don't we want to feel we are in capable hands? I know I do.

Naturally, I am thinking about presidential candidates that "don't believe in" climate change, evolution... that think the natural disasters are "God's way" of sayin',  hey, stop yer evil ways... that CO2 is a naturally occurring thing that isn't bad... that our oceans are fine... on and on. We have a year+ of all this.

Call me silly, but I WANT to be the dumbest jamoke in the room. You know why? Because I know by the end of the day, I will have left that room learning something. I will be better for the experience.

That's all. I just needed to get that off my chest. (Brain.) Thanks for listening. (Reading.)

No comments:

Post a Comment